Personal Information Protection Policy
Harim Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Harim" or "the Company") regards the personal information protection over the Internet as very important and makes its best efforts to provide systematic and effective protection regarding the provided personal information of the customer (hereinafter referred to as “the User” or “the Member”) during his/her use of Company service.
Accordingly, Harim establishes and maintains the personal information protection policy based upon the relevant laws and regulations with which information communications service provider shall comply (Protection of Communications Secrets Act, Telecommunications Business Act, Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc., Personal Information Protection Act, etc.). These Personal Information Protection Policies may be revised due to the change of the relevant laws and regulations and Harim’s internal policy, and upon the occurrence of such change, it shall be immediately posted on the homepage or a separate notice shall be sent to the User in order to enable the User to check out the revision.
In accordance with these Personal Information Protection Policies, Harim shall not publicly disclose the User’s personal information without his/her prior consent and the collected information is being safely kept and utilized as follows.
1. Personal Information Collection and Use Purpose
“Personal Information” refers to the information on a living individual, in particular, the information on the personally identifiable marks, character, video, sounds, video and physical characteristics via name or resident registration number (including the information enabling identification in combination with other information, even if the pertinent information itself renders the identification of a particular individual impossible).
Personal information provided by the User shall be collected for the purpose of the signing of the user service contract (personal identification and personal confirmation) for User who utilizes the Company’s entire website and all the services provided by Company and service provision (information provision). Also, the information regarding new service, products and events may be provided. In this case, the User may refuse to accept unwanted service via email, etc.
2. Categories and Collection Methods for Collecting Personal Information
A. Registration information
The personal information collected by the Company shall be limited to the minimum necessary for the service provided by the Company and the list may contain selective optional items in addition to the mandatory items listed as below. Also, additional information may be required. The User provides the following personal information items as below as mandatory on the membership subscription page:
(1) Twitter/Facebook Member: ID, password, real name
(2) Email subscription Member: email address, password, real name
The Company also may request the location information of User and personal setting in order to personalize the User experience. All these information shall be referred to as “registration information” and part of it, such as User name, shall be stated explicitly in the Company service and the User’s account page.
B. Use information
The Company may survey how the User utilizes the Company's services, how the User reviews it, how use communicates with contents, what kind of service is utilized, what kind of information is searched, what kinds of contents are searched, what kind of activities the User was engaged in, such as contents link and comment posting, etc.
C. Log data
Company automatically records the transmitted information when the User utilizes Company service (hereinafter “log data”). These log data may contain the User’s computer or mobile device Internet protocol (hereinafter “IP”) address, browser type, web pages visited prior to the Company website visit, the pages visited at the Company website, the time spent at the website, the accessed application program sections, the information searched at the Company website, access time and data, and other statistical data.
D. Social networking service-related information
The User may utilize the website by interconnecting it with his/her SNS account, such as Facebook and Twitter. In order to do that, the User must provide his/her SNS account information (generally, ID and password) to the website. The website shall maintain such account information in confidence while enabling the User to access the website via SNS access. Once the User decides to access the service via SNS, the website may collect the User’s address at SNS, sex, ID, friend list, and the information publicly disclosed at SNS by the User.
E. Event and promotion
Company may provide the User with the opportunities to participate in company-sponsored events or promotions via the Company website or service. The Company may request additional personal information of the User upon the User’s application for the event.
3. Rights of the User and His/Her Legal Representatives and Its Exercise Methods
4. Management and Disclosure of Information Collected by the Company
A. Measures for personal information protection
The Company shall take the technological and managerial measures designed to protect personal information:
(1) Password-based security device;
(2) Computer virus damage prevention device via vaccine program;
(3) Security device that transmits personal information in a safe manner based upon encryption;
(4) Anti-invasion device that prevents hacking, etc.;
(5) Appointment of the minimum personnel who handles personal information; and
(6) Regular in-house company training regarding personal information protection
Security regarding User ID and password is very important for the protection of personal information and the responsibility relating to the security of User ID and password shall lie with the pertinent User himself/herself. In no event shall the Company ask a direct question on the password to the User. Thus, the User shall take an extra caution not to disclose his/her password to others.
B. Handling of collected information
Once the collection and use purpose regarding personal information is achieved, the relevant information shall be destroyed without any delay. Also, once the website is closed down, any information collected by the Company shall be destroyed in total.
C. Information shared by User
In cases where the User shares the contents of the website via User’s SNS, his/her information may be disclosed in the pertinent website.
5. Cookies and Other Technology
The company shall operate “cookie” that regularly stores and finds the information on User and others. Cookies refer to the very small text file stored in the User’s computer hard disk sent by the server for the website operation to User’s browser. The Company may utilize cookies for the following purposes:
(1) Use purpose of cookies, and others: to survey and track User taste and interests by analyzing the access frequency or log-on time by Member and visitors, and to provide targeted marketing and customized service by analyzing the participation in various events and surveying the frequency of visit, etc.
(2) User’s option to install cookie: The User may choose the setting of options on his/her web browser, allowing every cookie, requiring his/her confirmation whenever cookie is stored, or refusing the storage of any cookie.
(3) Cookie setting refusal method: User may select the setting of options on his/her web browser, allowing every cookie, requiring his/her confirmation whenever cookie is stored, or refusing the storage of any cookie, provided, however, that if the User refuses the storage of cookie, the Company may be prevented from providing the service in the smooth manner.
6. Personal Information Handling Consignment
In order to provide high-quality service to Users, the Company consigns the management and handling of personal information. It stipulates the necessary provisions for the safe consignment of personal information in accordance with Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc., and other relevant laws and regulations and provides the User’s personal information accordingly. In the case of a new consignment company, it shall be notified to the User via email, etc., or it shall be posted on the homepage in order to obtain the explicit consent by User for the provision of personal information.
7. Personal Information Preservation and Use Period
A. In principle, the Company shall immediately destruct the pertinent personal information once User withdraws from the service or the use purpose has been achieved. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the following information shall be preserved for the stipulated period for the mentioned grounds.
(1) Categories: name, ID, password, email, address
(2) Ground: in order to prevent the confusion regarding the service use and maintain the background data relating to the illegal utilization of contents by the user
(3) Period: 5 years
B. If it is required to preserve in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, the Company shall keep the User’s information for a certain period as below.
(1) Record on personal identification: six months (Act on the Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc.)
(2) Record on log-in: three months (Protection of Communications Secrets Act)
(3) Record on designation/advertisement: six months (Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.)
(4) Record on contracts or offer revocation: five years (Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.)
(5) Record on fund payment and supply of goods, etc.: five years (Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.)
(6) Record on consumer complaint or dispute resolution: three years (Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.)
8. Provision to a Third Party (or Sharing)
Company shall not disclose to or share with a third party the personal information provided by the User without the consent by the User. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company may disclose or share with a third party User’s personal information under one of the following cases:
(1) When User gives consent;
(2) In order to enable the User to utilize the service of the Company and its affiliates with a single User ID assigned by the Company without any membership subscription process the, Company may provide to its affiliate the personal information of the pertinent User owned by the Company with respect to the Members who desire to utilize the service of its affiliates. Member may refuse the provision of his/her personal information by the Company to its affiliates via email and stop the utilization of the relevant service;
(4) When it is deemed as required pursuant to the applicable laws and regulations;
(5) When it is necessary for fee settlement and product delivery in accordance with the service provision;
(6) When the information is provided for statistics analysis, academic research or market survey in the manner that renders personal identification impossible;
(7) When various professional contents operators or business operators, such as Internet shopping service business operators in business affiliation with the Company, intend to engage in advertizing and marketing activities via email, telemarketing, directed mail or SMS, the Company shall first procure the prior consent from the User and then, provide the relevant information to affiliates; or
(8) When finance and insurance companies, such as credit card company, installment finance, insurance, insurance agency and insurance intermediary, and other related service operators in business affiliation with the Company, intend to engage in advertising and marketing activities via email, telemarketing, directed mail or SMS, the Company shall first procure the prior consent from User and then, provide the relevant information to affiliates
9. Personal Information Handing Representative and Management Personnel
Harim shall appoint Personal Information Handling Representative and Management Personnel in order to protect Member’s personal information.
(1) Personal Information Handling Representative
Name: Youn hyun, Lee
Position/Department: Team leader / Marketing division
Phone number: 82-31-629-0303
(2) Personal Information Management Personnel
Name: Yeon ju, Jung
Position/Department: Meat processing PM1 Team
Phone number: 82-63 860 2374
If you have any inquiry regarding these Personal Information Handling Policies or if you want the contact information of the personnel in charge of personal information matters, please contact us via email and phone number listed above.